NUS is a leading global university centred in Asia.
Website of University: http://www.nus.edu.sg/
Website for inbound exchange students: http://www.nus.edu.sg/iro/sep/in/before/index.html
Exchange students are required to read a minimum of 12 modular credits (MCs) per semester (approximately 3 modules) and no more than 20 MCs (approximately 5 modules), regardless of whether these modules are set to audit or examinable.
1 Module = 4 credits
Course Finder Website: https://share.nus.edu.sg/registrar/info/ng/NG-Modules.pdf
1. NUMBER OF SEMESTER PLACEMENTS
2017-2018 Academic Year: 5 semester places
(* 5 students in Fall semester)
Spring semester: September 1
Fall semester : March 13
Spring semester: October 1
Fall semester : April 15
1) Incoming exchange students must be nominated by the exchange coordinator from one of SEP Exchange Partners. Contact your university’s study abroad or international office for more information.
2) Incoming exchange students have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate studies and must continue to assume this status throughout your intended duration of study at NUS.
3) Incoming exchange students must be proficient in English in order to benefit from your studies at NUS. The medium of instruction at NUS is English (except for Asian or European studies, where a good command of the respective Asian or European language is a prerequisite). TOEFL or IELTS score is only required for students intending to take modules from Law who are from non-English medium Universities.
Exchange students from non-English medium institutions are required to submit either the TOEFL or IELTS result if they are applying to read modules from the NUS Faculty of Law.
View detail: http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/edu/ng.html#general
4. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1) Submit online application at https://myaces.nus.edu.sg/ngAdmForm/
2) Scan supporting documents for uploading onto the online application portal
3) Send scanned supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if student wish to specific courses.
4) Applicants who make a voluntary health declaration in the online application form should support the declaration with a doctor’s certification/letter if he/she needs to seek special assistance while on exchange at NUS. The type of special assistance provided by NUS will be limited to the availability of resources and trained personnel on campus. Please refer to http://nus.edu.sg/osa/dso/sssn for more information.
5) All supporting documents to be uploaded or sent via email to NUS Registrar’s Office by 1 May for Semester 1 exchange and 15 October for Semester 2 exchange. No hardcopy supporting documents is required during exchange application.
6) Late and incomplete application might not be processed in time for admission in the respective semester.
For detailed information, please see attachned file.
5. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
1) Passport photo
2) Original copy of academic transcript in English and with University stamp
3)Copy of passport page showing the nationality and personal details
Every international student must take up the compulsory NUS Health and Insurance Scheme (HINS) which is included in the Miscellaneous Student Fees (MSFs). For more information on insurance coverage, please refer to http://www.nus.edu.sg/uhc/healthservice/insurance/G&NG.html
NUS Non-Graduating (Exchange or Non-Exchange) students may apply for a place in the Halls of Residences and Student Residences. Accommodations at the College of Alice & Peter Tan, Tembusu, Residential College 4 and Cinnamon Colleges are primarily for Non-Graduating students from the colleges’ partner universities.
NUS has built relations with several off-campus accommodation options that are affordable to students and conveniently located near to the NUS’ main Kent Ridge Campus and Bukit Timah Campus (for Law students). These include:
Hwa Chong Institution Boarding School – www.hcibs.edu.sg
Nanyang Girls Boarding School –http://www.nyboarding.edu.sg
Yo:HA Student Hostel Ulu Pandan and Henderson Outlets – http://www.yoha.com.sg/hostels.aspx
Evan’s Lodge (near Bukit Timah Campus)- http://www.katonghostel.com/evan/
3. EXTIMATED LIVING EXPENSES
Please refer to NUS Information Sheet athttp://www.nus.edu.sg/iro/sep/in/before/NUS%20Info%20Sheet%20AY1516.pdf (under Estimated Monthly Expenses)
4. VISA REQUIREMENTS
Exchange students who have been accepted to NUS will receive instructions via email for the Student’s Pass application.
Students who need a visa to enter Singapore can use the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter to serve as a single-trip entry visa. All other students will be instructed to enter on a tourist visa and then convert it to a Student’s Pass during registration.
Incoming exchange student can apply for Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking Programme @ NUS (TF LEaRN @ NUS). Applicants have to be nominated by their home university by 1 March 2015. The nominated student has to submit the application by 28 March 2015 (Notes : The TF LEaRN @ NUS runs only in Semester 1 (Aug-Dec). There may be some slight change in dates for AY 2016/17).
View detail: http://www.nus.edu.sg/IRO/opps/others/in/tflearn/index.html
Ms May Yee