The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
Full time load: 8 Units
1 Course = 2 Units normally
Minimum course enrolment for exchange students:6 Units
Maximum course enrolment for exchange students: 10 Units
NOTE: Clinical Health courses are NOT available to exchange students.
View detail: http://www.uq.edu.au/studyabroad/choosing-courses
1. NUMBER OF SEMESTER PLACEMENTS
2019-2020 semester: 8 places
Semester 1 (February – June): 30 September
Semester 2 (July – November): 28 February
You need to meet the following entry requirements to apply for the Study Abroad or Incoming Exchange programs at UQ:
1) Must be nominated by your home institution (exchange students only)
2) Must have completed at least one full-time year of study at an accredited university
3) Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university
4) Must hold average to above-average results in university studies to date
5) Must meet UQ’s English language proficiency requirements
6) Must meet specific course prerequisites for admission into certain courses
1) IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall band, no sub-band requirements
2) TOEFL (Internet-based iBT): 87 overall score, no sub-band requirements
3) TOEFL (Paper-based): 570
4) PTE: 64
4. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1) Choose your courses.
2) Download and complete the International Student Application for Study Abroad or Exchange Programs
3) Attach all required documentation, including:
• an up-to-date official academic transcript in English, and
• proof of English language proficiency, if applicable.
• a letter from your home university nominating you for an exchange (exchange students only)
4) Exchange students: Submit your application before the closing date to the Exchange Office at your home institution.
Study abroad students: Submit your application before the closing date to one of the following places:
• UQ’s Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange Office
• your home institution’s Study Abroad Office (if your home institution has a Study Abroad agreement with UQ)
• one of UQ’s authorised representatives.
View detail: http://www.uq.edu.au/studyabroad/how-to-apply
Students are required to have a valid OSHC policy for the duration of your Student Visa.
View detail: http://www.uq.edu.au/international-students/get-health-cover
UQ Rentals is the primary source of student-focused rental accommodation.
If you are seeking a single room or a whole house, UQ Rentals is the place to look for landlords who understand student needs.
View detail: http://www.uq.edu.au/student-services/accommodation
3. ESTIMATED LIVING EXPENSES
They will vary depending on location, lifestyle and personal choices.
For detailed information, please view http://www.uq.edu.au/international-students/expenses-guide
4. VISA REQUIREMENTS
All international students applying to study in Australia must have a student visa unless they have an alternative visa that enables them to study full-time.
For detailed information, please view: http://www.uq.edu.au/international-students/student-visas