Ever since its establishment in 1986, POSTECH has stayed true to its role in Korean higher education as a pioneer in science and technology research. Located in the city of Pohang, the 400-acre, park-like campus is home to the Pohang Accelerator Laboratory and minutes away from POSCO, the fourth-largest steelmaking company in the world. POSTECH has come a long way in its short history to become globally recognized as one of Asia’s premier universities and among the most selective, highly ranked research universities in Korea.
Website of university: http://www.postech.ac.kr
Website for inbound exchange students: http://international.postech.ac.kr
Online academic calendar website: http://www.home.postech.ac.kr/web/eng/ecad_03
View detail: http://lms.postech.ac.kr >English>Learning Guide>Courses
1. EARLY REQUIREMENTS
Average academic record above “B” prior to application
TOEFL iBT 79, IELTS 6.0 or above*
* It may be substituted with equivalent proof documents (ex. certificate, letter, or score sheet)
Undergraduate or graduate students nominated by the international office of partner institutions.
2. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Number of Semester Placements: 2 (2015-2016 Spring Semester) 4(2016-2017 Academic Year)
Students must submit the online application by the deadline indicated
Autumn semester:1 April, 2015 Spring semester: 1 October, 2016
1) Partner universities will nominate and send application forms to POSTECH International Relations by the deadlines.
2) POSTECH Departments and Professors will review nominees’ qualifications and determine admission
3) POSTECH International Relations will send admission documents to partners.
View detail: http://www.postech.ac.kr/
3. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
2) One Letter of recommendation from supervisors
3) Official Score of English Proficiency (if your native language is not English)
4) Transcript of Academic Records in English
5) Photocopy of Passport
All exchange students are required to purchase the health insurance from their home country which will be valid during the entire period their stay in Korea.
Every current student at POSTECH can reside in dormitories as long as there are no grounds for disqualification. POSTECH operates 20 dormitories for male students, 3 for female students, and 1 RC dormitory. Each dormitory room accommodates 2 people. All the enrolled students may apply for housing in dormitory.
3. ESTIMATED LIVING EXPENSES
* Actual expenses may vary depending on the student’s lifestyle.
4. VISA REQUIREMENTS
For more information: http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt?categoryId=2&parentId=327&catSeq=536&showMenuId=14
Mr. Kiljong Yoo