Meiji University was founded in January 1881 as the Meiji Law School by a group of young lawyers barely in their 30’s: Tatsuo Kishimoto, Kozo Miyagi, and Misao Yashiro. It was an era characterized by Japan’s urgent need to develop as a modern independent nation. The three founded the Meiji Law School in their fervent hope to “foster bright capable youths who would lead a modern civil society in Japan”.
Website of University: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/index.html
Website for inbound exchange students:: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/prospective/exchange.html
Basically, each class at Meiji is conducted 90min./week × 15weeks and offered 2 credits.
Meiji does not state the number of classes which the exchange students should take. For your reference, exchange students seem to take 10 classes per week on average.
For detailed information, please see attached factsheet.
1. NUMBER OF PLACEMENTS
SJTU can nominate a maximum of 2 students, either graduate or undergraduate. Two (2) semester-long exchange students shall be counted equal to one (1) year-long exchange student.
Spring semester :April 2018 admission Oct 1, 2017
Fall semester:September 2018 admission Feb 25, 2018
See attached guideline.
4. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1) Applicants must apply online from the following website.
2) Take Meiji University Japanese Language Online Test (not necessary)
3) Send the application materials by courier to Meiji University, International Student Office
4) Send the Certificate of Eligibility as an Excel file to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Send the Certificate of Eligibility as an Excel file to email@example.com .Printed material is NOT required to
Student health insurance ¥2,500 (one-time payment upon arrival)
National Health Insurance About ¥12,000/year
Please refer to p4-12 of the attached factsheet.
3. ESTIMATED LIVING EXPENSES
About ¥115,000 or more.
For detailed information, please refer to p17 of the attached factsheet.
4. VISA REQUIREMENTS
please refer to page 5 and 9 of the factsheet.
Meiji University does not offer any other scholarship for exchange students to study at Meiji University other than the JASSO Short Term Study Scholarship.